- Absent from your county on Election Day.
- Unable to appear at the polls due to temporary or permanent illness or disability (temporary illness includes being unable to appear due to risk of contracting or spreading a communicable disease like COVID-19).
- Unable to appear because you are the primary care giver of one or more individuals who are ill or physically disabled.
- A resident or patient of a Veterans Health Administration Hospital.
- Detained in jail awaiting Grand Jury action or confined in prison after conviction for an offense other than a felony.
How to apply for an Absentee Ballot
You may apply for an absentee ballot in any of the following ways:
- Electronically through the New York State Absentee Ballot Application Portal
- By sending an email request to BOE-WestAbsentee@westchestergov.com
- By sending a fax request to (914) 995-7753 or (914) 995-3190
- By going in-person to the Westchester County Board of Elections, 25 Quarropas St., White Plains, NY 10601
- By mailing a paper application to the Westchester County Board of Elections, 25 Quarropas St., White Plains, NY 10601
You can download a pdf version of the New York State Absentee Ballot Application Form:
After completing your form, please mail it to:
Westchester County Board of Elections
25 Quarropas St.
White Plains, NY 10601
If you have any questions, please contact Westchester County Board of Elections at 914-995-5700